Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let's try again...

So yes, our first post was our last :) I have felt like blogging was something people could do only if they had a lot of time at home and right now, I don't have a lot of that! However, I have decided that I need to spend as much or at least half as much time/dedication to doing my own blog as I do to following other peoples. I have the worry that mine won't be nearly as cutesy or enlightening as some, but it will be mine. It will show our life as it is and it will be a great way to keep in touch with our family members out of state who we love and miss!


 We have had a lot of changes in our lives since our last post. We have moved to Ohio, bought a house in Nashport, started new jobs....Ben's actually had 2, had a few different church callings, and added Logan to our family! That's quite a bit in two years! We have done a lot of remodeling projects to our house which has kept us busy...I'll figure out how to post our before and after pictures at some point! 





Logan is now 9 months and he is the best baby in the world! He is literally happy almost all the time. He is crawling- although not the traditional crawl. He does a butterfly stroke with his arms and pushes with his feet. People keep telling us that he will "crawl" soon, but I think he may be content to continue doing it his way. He is now pulling himself up and is quite proud of himself. He loves to eat....he's a Heemeyer and a Williams, we'd expect nothing less! He is spoiled rotten by all of his grandparents and he smiles at nearly everyone he sees. I'm grateful he has not had stranger anxiety. 


Ben is working at Time Warner Cable right here in Zanesville and it has worked out well with our schedules and location! I am working 4 days a week as a dental hygienist with my dad. I love my job. Logan spends time with Trudy, a lady that I grew up with from church. He is there 3 days a week for about 6 hours a day. It's really hard being away from him, but I'm so grateful that we have such a great sitter! She's like another grandma to him. Ben is in the Young Men's at church and I just got a new calling as the 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency. I've been in primary for awhile now and love it. We have a great ward. 


Anyway, hope that catches everyone up a little bit. Any tips people can give me as far as easy ways to post pictures and things, I'd appreciate it! We have picasa...but i'm not sure how to get pictures to a specific post. Thanks everyone!

10 comments:

Miller Family said...

What a cutie Logan is!!! Glad you guys are doing well, and glad you are venturing back into the blogging world. I don't have any tips since I don't use Picasa, but I will tell you the more you do it the easier it becomes. Can't wait to see and hear more from you guys!

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

oh blogging - i'm glad you're gonna try again - I can help - call anytime - it is really easy - i promise!
Love you guys!

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

I think your blog is perfect!! I have to admit I will probably be blog stalking you on a regular basis! Hope your ok with that. Also, Logan is one of the cutest little boys ever!!

Shel said...

Your blog looks good! It sounds like you guys have been super busy. It's fun to read about your family, it's been such a long time! Logan is adorable!! I like to use photobucket for my pictures, cuts the time to put them up in half at least!

Bitsy (aka Elizabeth) said...

Your blog is GREAT!!! The cute stuff is not necessary! This is a great way to keep in touch. I will add you to my Google Reader and every time you post, I will be able to check it out. I MISS LOGAN!!! Have his picture in my kitchen and see it everyday.

Melissa said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone! It helps me to want to blog when people actually look at it!! Anyway, I really don't know how to download pictures from picasa straight to my blog without putting them in a file on the desktop...any clue?

Kristen S said...

I'm so glad you started blogging again!! I've been such a slacker, haven't posted anything in over a year. Just because I'm too lazy!
In Picasa, there's a button somewhere that says "blog this" and it will automatically open up a new blog page and add the pictures you have selected...try that and see if its any easier.

Melissa said...

Thanks Kristen! Good to hear from you!!! Do you have to select one at a time and do you have to start a new post with the pictures or can you add pictures to an existing post? Does that make sense?

Kristen S said...

I think you have to start a new post...but you can add I think 4 pictures to start out with, then if you need to add more you add them one at a time to the post. The thing that bugs me the most about blogger is when you add pictures, it adds them last to first and not the other way around, so you either have to rearrange them or add them from the last picture to the first. Which is really annoying if you're trying to put them in chronological order! Case in point why I haven't blogged in over a year.

Matt & Katie said...

Yea! I am SO excited! i always keep checking your blog and I was pumped to see a post ;) Can't wait for many more! Seriously - 9 months old? That is just way too crazy! He is a handsome little man!